Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HB 508 says "constructed response," not "open response"

In my earlier post, I treated two terms as synonymous, but they aren't. House Bill 508 calls for the criterion-referenced portion of the new assessment to include constructed response items, which could differ in important ways from the open response format Kentucky has been using. The bill includes this definition:
"Constructed response or performance based items" means individual test items that require the student to create an answer rather than select a response and may include fill-in the blank, short answer, extended answer, open response, and writing on demand formats.
I'll update the original post and the summary, and I appreciate the commenter who alerted me to the issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates and data on Kentucky education!