- Assess reading, mathematics, science, social studies, and writing.
- Use constructed-response items, multiple-choice items, and on-demand prompts.
- Produce criterion-based and norm-referenced scores (meaning that student work will be compared both to state standards and to how a national sample of students performed).
- Include Explore, Plan, and ACT readiness tests.
- Be taken during five of the last fourteen days of the school year.
- Return scores to schools within seventy-five days after the start of testing.
For further details, including grades to be tested, click here for a one-page PDF summary. For the complete bill, click here, and on that page, click the link that says "SB 1."