Here's the Department's timetable for developing and sharing the review methods:
- Develop guiding framework for all program reviews: spring 2009.
- Disseminate guiding frameworks for all program reviews: summer 2009.
- Develop program review drafts: summer and fall 2009.
- Pilot program reviews in a small number of districts to gather evidence and further inform the design: winter 2010.
- Implement program reviews at all schools in draft form, with no accountability: winter and spring 2010-2011.
- Finalize program review design and provide professional development to schools and districts: spring 2011.
- Implement program reviews for accountability purposes in all schools and districts: school year 2011-12.