- Creating a “college-going culture” that would include media campaigns and advocates to push student and adults to pursue higher education.
- Creating a community of education-oriented employers who encourage their workers to
- return to school.
- Ensuring that students are prepared for college and that they stay enrolled.
- Making college affordable with scholarships and employee-paid tuition.
- Ensuring students seamlessly transfer from one college to another.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Aiming for 55,000 more college degrees in a decade, a new push in Louisville and surrounding counties will launch tomorrow with business, civic, educational and political backing. The Courier-Journal reports tonight that the new "Community Education Commitment" will call for steps that include: