Saturday, June 12, 2010

More technology tidbits: blog subscriptions and Moodle

Blogs by e-mail (especially this one)(hint, hint)
If you're a regular with e-mail and would rather read the news there, most blogs offer a subscription option.  When you're reading the blog, check around the right or left margin, and you'll almost certainly find the link.  If you'd like to subscribe to the Prichard Blog, just click here and enter your e-mail address.

Since I credited my kids in the earlier post, I'll credit this one to my long-lost twin, Lu Young, who shares my exact birthday and mentioned recently that it was a big help to see her teachers' Moodle discussions show up in her e-mail inbox.  Aha, I thought! The way to sneak up on busy superintendents is through their e-mails, not their internet browsers.  For all our other busy readers, we'd love to have you as subscribers, too.

Moodle?
I don't use use this one yet, but I know enough to share the basics.  Moodle is an on-line system that lets educators manage their classes, complete with syllabus, readings, on-line quizzes, and internet discussions. The college professor I know best uses Moodle and his teaching and grading work are now just about paper-free. You can read more about it here and here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, twin! I love getting my blog fix via e-mail and have been a faithful reader ever since!

    ReplyDelete

Updates and data on Kentucky education!