For this post, I'm looking at NCLB groups: reduced lunch students, students with limited English, and for white, black, Hispanic, and Asian students. I'll add students with disabilities when those numbers are available.
For reading and mathematics, NCLB reports show us combined results for all grades, and those reports show that in terms of students proficient and above, from 2007 to 2009:
- In reading, all 6 groups had declining results.
- In mathematics, 5 groups had improving results and one (limited English) had a decline.
- In science, 11 results declined and 7 improved.
- In social studies, 12 results declined and 6 improved.
- In writing, 11 results declined and 7 improved.