- Allow mayors in Fayette and Jefferson Counties as additional authorizers for charter schools
- Limit most charter schools to admitting students from the district where the school is located
- Allow ‘’regional achievement academies” as a form of charter school to be formed in Campbell and Kenton Counties that will be allowed admit students from all the districts of those counties
- Prohibit virtual charters
- Remove rules for how charter schools will be funded and how charter school employees will participate in retirement systems
- Allow Kentucky Board of Education appeals rulings to be further appealed to the “district court of appeals"
The bill now moves to consideration by the Senate Education Committee.