- East Carter County High School
- Christian County High School
- Greenup County High School
- Martin County's Sheldon Clark High School
- And six Jefferson County High Schools: Doss, Fairdale, Iroquois, Waggener, Southern, and Seneca
That news is from a Department of Education press release issued this morning.
Schools identified as persistently low achieving have fallen short of adequate yearly progress for multiple years and then have the weakest scores this year.
(More exactly, the list includes the five weakest schools that receive Title I money based on high enrollments of low-income students, and the five weakest schools that do not receive that funding. On the list above, Seneca High and the four schools outside Jefferson County are in the non-Title I group, while the other five Jefferson schools compose the Title I set.)